Monday, August 18, 2014

This too shall pass




We are back to normal transmission.

I have deleted the post that was ruminating on topics that don't deserve oxygen. 

Last week was crammed with more doctors than the complimentary bar at a pharmaceutical conference! With my oncologist's support I am giving Tamoxifen a rest. It may not be the culprit but it is definitely a contributing factor to my low mood.

I'm backing away from business commitments that I've rushed into before I'm healthy enough to handle the toll work takes. I'm trying to be kind to myself and not let guilt weigh me down.

Yesterday (Sunday) Youngest KAT and I made a special trip to the Mall to buy some touchstones. She chose one for each of us and a bag to put them in. They will go with her to school and be there when she's feeling sad. They will remind her that I'm always with her. Thank you to my gorgeous friend Kate for suggesting this. The idea was a winner and lit up both our eyes! 

I love my family more than words can say. Words cannot describe how I want to walk the same path as them. I want to see them laugh and cry, run and stumble along life's path. I described it as a parallel path but I've realized that we are on the same path, it's just a bit rocky right now.


Seeing my KATs emerging into the young women they are destined to be is why I endured my awful treatment. Because I love them and I want to be around. More than anything. A bit of life ache isn't going to stand in my way.

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely idea the touchstones, a reminder of your presence for the girls and their presence for you .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! 2nd day of having them and they had to be swapped out of tunic to pocket of sports shorts so she could have them...very sweet!

      Delete
  2. I love the life ache picture. Glad you're feeling more yourself, but also glad you let us know when you weren't.

    Tonia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tonia:) From the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove comments....thank you for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Old Blog Header

The Old Blog Header
Just Because I like it!