Friday, March 16, 2012

Grateful for disposable wipes


 
This week I'm grateful for disposable wipes. 

I know they won't win me any environmentally friendly awards but in the ongoing war waged against 'ickiness' they are my saving grace!

A stalwart in our house since we started on the long road of raising small humans they have had a resurgence on the shopping list of late.  They're my 'go to' helper in the battle to contain the special gifts bestowed by our newest family member!

Yes, that's right....Salvadora (or Sally as she is now thankfully called ALL the time) is wandering energetically everywhere but on the path of toilet training.  Every day we are blessed with many and assorted 'gifts' left all over the house :))

Fortunately she's only a small dog.

Fortunately that means her presents are usually small and quite easily contained!!!!!!

Most of the time we are able to keep her on the floorboards so it's no big deal....but the little monkey is finding it a hoot to drop her bundle in all three carpeted bedrooms as well.

We love her to death and hate to look a gift-dog in the mouth but for goodness sake, enough with the pooing on the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am struggling to loosen my vice-like grip on the anxiety named 'where has the dog's arse been' when she so lovingly plants herself on me.  It usually follows this pattern:

a) discover that she's left us a pressie and after cleaning it up....
b) check to see that her backside isn't covered in remnants of the 'gift'
c) if it is, then out come the baby wipes whilst I remove said remnants in a loving but forceful fashion
d) if a baby wipe won't do the trick, she's been receiving a 'half bath' in the laundry sink (think the puppy form of a bidet!!!!!)

Before you ask, YES we've been to puppy school and I do know that she is currently unable to control her motions so patience is indeed a virtue in this case!

Is it annoying to be going through a copious amounts of the things every week?  YES!

Am I still in love with her?  YES!

How have you gone about toilet training your four-legged friends??  I'd love some advice :)

As you can say, I've got my act together to do Grateful Saturday this week....swing on over to Maxabella's and show some love to some other bloggers who've also got their act together this week!!

8 comments:

  1. Our puppy arrived home 12 months ago, a golden retriever. She was mainly an outside dog but from time to time she comes inside. Luckily we didn't have any accidents on the carpet, only the tiles. but she took forever to train! We would try and catch her in the act and then quickly take her outside on the grass to finish. If we didn't catch her we would take her over to where she did the deed and show her and then put her oustide. It worked...eventually!
    Good luck with it and yes thankful for wipes indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a decent backyard so up to this day, a year and a half, our pet relieves himself in a pet pad in the laundry room. It takes a while for him to finally get it right. Accidents still happen but because I got used to the ickiness of it, I rarely mind the task now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness I don't have a dof nor have I ever but even I'm grateful for the good old disposable wipe from time to time!!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dog training is not fun! You just need to be consistent and take them out every half an hour or so in the beginning. Eventually they get there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is unbelievably cute so it would be very hard not to forgive her. Hopefully she'll grow big enough to control herself soon. I know how stressful the 'icky' factor is! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little pressies taht she leaves, kinda makes me not want to get another dog though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet dog, toilet raining is the pits though good luck you will get there in the end

    ReplyDelete

I looooooove comments....thank you for taking the time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Old Blog Header

The Old Blog Header
Just Because I like it!